Spring Cleaning For Your HVAC System
When we think of spring cleaning, it usually entails images of “out with the old and in with the new”. Glistening windows, winter clothes and boots packed away and maybe even flowering blooms in our garden are some of the first images that come to mind. A home owner’s spring cleaning should also include the HVAC System. Here are some tips to help you with.
1. Schedule your HVAC Preventive Maintenance with Evans Air Services. Our professionally trained staff will perform rigorous testing and basic maintenance of your unit to ensure you stay cool this summer. Review this list of steps we take to provide you with HVAC maintenance. (Link to checklist)
2. Consider Programmable Thermostats. Programmable Thermostats allow you to customize your home’s temperature and can help save you money. Wifi enabled allows more control to customize your home environment.
3. Go Green (or greener). Use ceiling fans to help cool your home. You can reduce the temperature of your home by 5 degrees when you use ceiling fans effectively. Also close any blinds that allow direct sunlight into your home during the day.
4. Check your doors and windows for leaks. Caulk and/or replace seals where you find cracks and gaps.
5. Have your ducts tested for leaks and air flow pressure.
6. Consider upgrading your existing unit to a more energy efficient system. Just as our vehicles and appliances need to be replaced after years of wear and tear, the same is true with our heating and air systems.